Summary of the 16 August 2018 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Daniel Vetter, Bryce Harrington, Keith Packard, Rob Clark, Taylor Campbell,


Harry Wentland, Eric Anholt, Martin Peres,


Agenda: xdc travel, extending travel policy, xdc lunch, xdc talks/workshop track, gsoc, evoc, xdc19, fd.o, xdc sponsors, insurance coverage

Board approves tons of things around XDC2018!

Items discussed

ITEM: XDC travel sponsoring requests
6 people, ~5500 USD total. Open question around reimbursing meals (only
requested by one person). Board approvals all request flight+accomodation
requests, meal deferred.
ACTIONS: Bryce to contact SPI on how we should handle meal reimbursement/per
diem rates for meals.
ACTIONS: Bryce to clarify around food vs.
ACTIONS: Daniel to send out replies for all requests.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: extended travel policy
Since the paper committee had to reject lots of talks this year (35 submissions
for 18 slots) board discussed how to still make it possible for anyone to attend
with modest means - travel sponsoring is coupled to accepted talks. Board
decides to extend offering travel sponsoring to anyone who submits a talk
ACTIONS: Daniel to push the updated travel sponsoring guidelines.

ITEM: xdc lunch/coffee breaks
Need to decide what food to sponsor at XDC. Board opts for coffee breaks, but
with the variety of options available right nearby leaves lunch to attendees for
more variety.
ACTIONS: Daniel needs to send around even more emails.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: xdc talks
Main track talks overbooked, but no workshop/BOF track discussion proposals.
Agreement that we should solicit more proposals to avoid on-the-ground chaos
with the 2nd room by scheduling a bit ahead.
ACTIONS: Daniel volunteered for more mails.
STATUS: Pending