Summary of the 06 December 2018 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Martin Peres, Daniel Vetter, Bryce Harrington, Taylor Campbell, Eric Anholt, Harry Wentland, Keith Packard, Rob Clark,



Agenda: elect treasurer, fd.o bylaw change, elections, xdc sponsoring plan, evoc, gsoc,, xdc sponsor/reimbursements

Board approves v3 of the proposed bylaw changes for voting by members

Taylor elected as new treasurer.

Items discussed

ITEM: fd.o bylaw changes
v3 (2nd version submitted to members@ for consideration) approved for voting.
Also some discussions whether we should do a 2nd vote for some other bylaw
cleanups. Harry volunteering.
ACTIONS: Harry to generate pdf and tag the resulting branch
ACTIONS: Daniel to formally ask spi to approve the merger too.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: treasurer
Eric and Taylor discussed. Plan is that Taylor goes first, then Eric since
Taylor's term expires first.
ACTIONS: Taylor and Bryce to handle the handover.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: elections
Keith, Bryce, Eric, Harry and Martin constitute the election committee.
ACTIONS: Rob to adjust
ACTIONS: Election committee needs to come up with a chair.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: xdc sponsoring plan
Adjusted plan approved. Some discussion about featuring sponsors more in the
live stream. Martin and Rob volunteering.
ACTIONS: Daniel to start sponsor hunt.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: gsoc
Trevor taking over gsoc wrestling from Martin. Tons of good stuff.
ACTIONS: Trevor and Martin to work together.
STATUS: Pending