Summary of the 25 April 2019 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Daniel Vetter, Rob Clark, Eric Anholt, Harry Wentland, Martin Peres,

Absent: Bryce Harrington, Keith Packard, Taylor Campbell,


Agenda: elections, gsoc, fdo merger, treasurer report, xdc sponsors, (extended) travel policy

Re-run of the board election underway, pls vote!

fd.o+xorg merger approved by members, next steps under way.

3 gsoc slots approved!

Items discussed

ITEM: elections
2nd round under way, still good turnout.
ACTIONS: Election results and new board member intro next week by Harry.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: fdo merger
bylaw changes passed for SPI board will consider a resolution to enact
the merger on their next board meeting on 8th May. Once approved need to merge
the books. Initial discussion on a formal policy to organize the fd.o hosting
services within xorg have started.
ACTIONS: Everyone bikeshed the policies thread a bit
ACTIONS: Daniel to draft something
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: gsoc
3 slots approved. Can't yet tell students before the public announcement. Still
looking for more mentoring on one proposal, have until 6th May. Also discussing
a dedicated gsoc@ mailing list, but a bit overkill.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: treasurer report
Eric almost done. Still trying to get the last few transactions reconciled, but
no answer from SPI yet.
ACTIONS: Eric to send out a draft for a preliniary report.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: xdc sponsors
4 confirmed sponsors, 5th on its way, 4 more already enquired. Need to start
invoicing too. Sponsors look recurring, so we have financial safety to announce
our extended travel policy with big fanfares now.
ACTIONS: Daniel keeps poking potential sponsors
STATUS: Pending