Summary of the 01 August 2019 meeting of the X.Org Foundation Board of Directors Full IRC meeting logs are posted at IrcLogs


Present: Daniel Vetter, Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez, Lyude Paul, Bryce Harrington, Eric Anholt, Harry Wentland,

Guests: Trevor Woerner


Manasi Navare, Keith Packard,


Agenda: gsoc/evoc, travel request, xdc20, xdc cfp/sponsors, fd.o admins

Both gsoc students passed 2nd evaluation!

Board selects location & org team for XDC20.

XDC19 program fixed, waiting for collabora for announcement.

Workshop CFP reopening, bring on the proposals!

Items discussed

ITEM: gsoc/evoc
All good, both students passed 2nd evaluation. Board approves 150$ for hw for a
gsoc student.
No evoc updates.
ACTIONS: Trevor/Eric to get the reimbursement sorted.
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: travel request update
One updated travel request, 80$ more than previous, board approves.
ACTIONS: Daniel send reply
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: xdc20
Unfortunately one of the two very strong proposals was withdrawn. Board approves
the other. Announcement left to organizers for the big fanfares.
ACTIONS: Samuel to send out mails.

ITEM: xdc cfp
Program is done. Looking for more workshops. Indico seems to work reasonably
well. Some cosmetic shuffling around lightning talks still need to be done.
Everyone notified, pending 2 confirmations for accepted talks (those presenters
are on vacations). Huge thanks to Samuel for running the CFP show.
ACTIONS: Collabora needs to send out announcement
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: xdc19 misc
Sponsors looking good. Too many questions about visa invitation letters, need to
document that on
ACTIONS: Eric/Daniel to keep working with sponsors.
ACTIONS: Manasi to work with Collabora to get visa invitation letter process
STATUS: Pending

ITEM: fd.o admins
Some inquiries for paid admin time didn't turn up anything. Not really any
further comments.
STATUS: Pending